Stephen Lovatt has a Doctorate in theoretical physics from Bristol University.
He became a Roman Catholic in 1979 while studying at Cambridge University.
He self-identifies as a Traditionalist rather than a Progressivist.
He has self-identified as gay since 1993, when he fell deeply in love with a young man, Paul, at Bristol University.
He transfered his membership to the Greek Catholic Church in 2012.
[The Greek Catholic Church is in full communion with the See of Rome.]
He has published a number of books on theology and philosophy,
in particular “Faithful to the Truth: how to be an orthodox gay Catholic.”
He lives in Cheltenham, England with David, his long-time civil partner, who is also a Catholic.
Synopsis of presentation:
1. “Who am I?” my brief life-story.
2. Sacred Scripture and homosexuality: Leviticus, Sodom, David & Jonathan, The Centrurian and his boy, St Paul.
3. Sacred Tradition and homosexuality: St Augustine, St Gregory, St Aelred, St Thomas Aquinas.
4. The Vatican’s present-day official teaching regarding homosexuality.
6. Pope Francis and homosexuality.
5. How to deal with confession.
Linked Dr. Stephen Lovatt